WHO ARE WE?
We are a specialist human resources, industrial relations and mediation consultancy. Our focus is primarily on SME businesses, to whom we provide simple, customized and cost-effective solutions for everyday workplace needs. These include, enhancing workplace relationships, preventing, managing and resolving conflict, drafting employment contracts, managing all aspects of workplace discipline, grievances & disputes, conducting HR compliance audits, training employees, team leaders and managers, managing absenteeism & incapacity, advising on alternatives to retrenchment & managing the retrenchment process.
Most small businesses do not have the time or the in-house expertise to keep up to date & maintain compliance with ever-changing employment legislation and workplace practices. We have the knowledge, experience & expertise to assist clients with these business requirements.
By turning complex issues into simple outcomes, we support business owners, managers, team leaders & employees to improve workplace & business relationships, increase productivity and ultimately to provide exemplary service to their customers.
We have assisted clients in the commercial, financial, manufacturing, engineering, nursing services, retail, hospitality, architectural, education, textile and other sectors, as well as a number of individual employees, including senior executives.
We pride ourselves on our extensive professional network, which enables us to provide creative solutions to a wide range of workplace matters.
Hilton Green Consulting has a Level 4 BEE status & is an Exempted Micro Enterprise.
WHY HILTON GREEN CONSULTING?
- Strong personal and business ethics, integrity and values
- Advice based on many years of hands-on experience
- Personal service
- Customised solutions
- Professional approach
- Cost-effective services
- Strong support network
We are proudly South African and believe that business is more than just about commercial transactions, it’s also about:
- Building sustainable organisations, whatever their size
- Contributing to South Africa’s economic prosperity
- Helping people grow, whatever their position in the company
- Guiding individual & team performance
- Respecting and valuing diversity
- Preventing and resolving conflict constructively
- Promoting win-win outcomes
The following Values are central to our business approach :-
- Behaving with Integrity, which includes honesty, objectivity and fairness of judgement
- Showing Respect for human dignity, diversity and confidentiality of information
- Being of Service to clients and the communities within which they do business
- Maintaining our Competence in all areas where we provide our professional services
In conducting business we adhere to the professional Code of Conduct of the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP)
Hilton has over 35 years’ experience as a human resources & labour relations professional. He worked for a large national organisation for more than 27 years, fulfilling various senior roles at regional, divisional & national level, with an employee base of up to 17,000 employees.
He has broad experience in human resources & industrial relations management, including:
- industrial relations strategy development
- negotiating salary & conditions of service improvements with trade unions
- negotiating collective agreements
- engaging with local & national trade union representatives
- advising on discipline, grievance, performance management & all other workplace matters
- preventing & managing workplace conflict
- managing labour disputes
- strike preparedness and management
- chairing large multi-stakeholder engagements
- developing workplace policies & procedures
- interpretation & the practical application of employment legislation
- developing & presenting training courses
- leading industry-wide projects
Hilton studied at the University of Natal (Durban), now UKZN, where he obtained a BSoc Science degree in 1986. His specialist and post-graduate studies at Wits Business School, Stellenbosch University and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, resulted in his obtaining variously a CPIR, a BPhil in Value & Policy studies & an MPhil in Conflict Management & Transformation.
He is a trained and accredited mediator, both in South Africa (with Conflict Dynamics & the Africa Centre for Dispute Settlement) and with CEDR (UK). He underwent training in Restorative Leadership in Hull (UK) through the International Institute for Restorative Practices (IIRP).
Hilton is registered as a Chartered HR Professional with the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP), with whom he has been registered since 1992. He is also a member of the South Africa Society for Labour Law (SASLAW) and the KwaZulu-Natal Society of Mediators.
His current business roles include:
- Facilitating workplace conflict prevention & resolution, chairing incapacity, grievance and disciplinary hearings
- Providing specialist advice and support to clients across a wide range of industries, in all workplace matters