This assessment will determine areas of compliance and non-compliance with respect to applicable labour legislation. You will receive a comprehensive report.
If your answer to any one of the following questions is “No” or “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure”, then an assessment is recommended.
- Are your employment contracts aligned with relevant labour legislation?
- Are your conditions of employment aligned with relevant labour legislation?
- Are your employment policies and practices aligned with relevant labour legislation?
- Labour Relations Act
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
- Unemployment Insurance Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Skills Development Act
- Sectoral Determination (if applicable)
- Bargaining Council agreement (if applicable)
- Does your company have important policies and procedures formalised in writing?
- Does your company’s payslips comply with the BCEA requirements?
- Are you displaying on your business premises the prescribed a summary of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) – only applicable if you have 5 or more employees
- Are you displaying on your business premises the prescribed summary of the Employment Equity Act (EEA) as required by law?
- Do you have a copy of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and any relevant Regulations available at your workplace?
Summary posters of the BCEA and the EEA
HGC can provide you with laminated posters for display in your workplace. Summary posters or full copies of other relevant Acts and Regulations (e.g. OHSA) can also be provided.
Drafting and implementation
HGC can draft a variety of employment related documentation that is customised to the needs of your business, including:
- employment contracts
- written particulars of employment for domestic workers
- HR & IR policies and procedures (e.g. disciplinary procedure)
- job descriptions
- other HR & IR related documents (e.g. certificates of service, leave application forms, time and attendance registers, etc.)
Interpretation and application of labour legislation